Sunday, October 23, 2011

September 2011 - Back on strike

Would you believe (of course you would - this is BC!) that BC tachers are back on strike? Phase On job action is a 'teach only' campaign - we're still teaching, but doing no administrative duties. Nobody can say the bargaining system in this province works when every single contract that's been made since provincial bargaining was implemented has been settled with mediation/arbitration.

It's nearly two months into job action and there's been no movement, and so this blog is back up. It's been a long sleep, so it may take a while to rub the sleep out of its eyes and get moving, but here we are.

I'd like to say it's nice to be back, but really, it would just be nice to do my job, for my kids to have the support they need, to have our contract treated like the legal document it is, and for me and my colleagues to be treated like the professionals we are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home